Everingham Solomons Solicitors is bound by the National Privacy Principles contained in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth). This Privacy Statement outlines how we handle your personal information.
THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We collect information including, but not limited to:
- Financial details
- Other relevant information that enables us to meet our legal obligations and conduct our business
WHY WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
To conduct our business, and provide and market our services.
ABOUT WHOM WE COLLECT INFORMATION
- Our clients
- Potential clients
- Our clients' employees
- Our employees and prospective employees
- Suppliers of other services including, but not limited to, other legal and financial services
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- Personal consultations
- Information provided by you
- Information contained in forms and documents which you may be required to complete
- Business records
- Telephone conversations
- Email messages
- Information from third parties, such as medical reports and financial records and statements
USE & DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will use and disclose your personal information only for the purpose of providing and marketing our services to you, or for a related purpose.
We may be required to disclose your personal information to comply with certain legal obligations, or where we are compelled to do so by law. We may be required to disclose your personal information to ensure your safety, the safety of another person, or to prevent a threat to life.
TO WHOM PERSONAL INFORMATION IS DISCLOSED
Your personal information may be disclosed to:
- Other companies or individuals who assist us to provide services to you, or perform functions on your behalf, such as other law firms, barristers and related service providers
- Courts, tribunals and government authorities
- Any other person or organisation to whom you authorise us to disclose your information. This may include organisations that provide financial or other legal services
STORAGE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, hold and disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. Your personal information is held in both paper-based files and computer storage facilities. We have taken reasonable measures to ensure this information is secure and to protect your information from misuse, loss, unauthorised access or disclosure.
We may be required to obtain sensitive information. We will do so only when it is necessary to provide our services to you. We will use and disclose this information only with your consent, or where we are compelled by law to do so. This sensitive information may include details relating to a person's criminal record, religion, ethnic or racial origin or sexual preference.
GAINING ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you wish to have access to your personal information, please email our Privacy Officer Monica Brooks, or call her on (02) 6766 1066.
OUR CONTACT DETAILS
If you wish to discuss this policy, update your information, or make a complaint, please email our Privacy Officer Monica Brooks, or call her on (02) 6766 1066. Write to us at PO Box 524 Tamworth NSW 2340.
If you do not wish to receive any of our marketing or other material, please call us on (02) 6766 1066, and we will remove your name from relevant listings.